Answer: Nuts! Nuts are nutritional! They are filled with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that adults who incorporate nuts into their diets lost weight and reduced waist size.
Nuts are a great way to get micro-nutrients into our diets. Not all nuts are created equal. The following are some of the best nuts per 1-ounce serving:
1. Pistachios: Serving size, 49 nuts; Calories, 160.
– 12 percent of your daily fiber
– 90 percent of good unsaturated fat.
– Vitamin B6
– May help reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
2. Cashews: Serving size, 17 nuts; Calories, 163
– 38 percent of our daily copper needs.
– May prevent gallstones.
3. Pecans: Serving size, 20 pecan halves; Calories, 196
– May help protect you against age-related motor neuron degeneration
– 60 percent monounsaturated fat and
– More than 19 vitamins and minerals.
4. Walnuts: Serving size, 14 halves; Calories: 185
Note: Store walnuts in the refrigerator or freezer because they spoil faster than
most other nuts.
– Omega-3 fatty acids (the heart-healthy substance contained in fish oil).
– Manage diabetes, pre-diabetes, and metabolic syndrome.
– Fight age-related cognitive decline
5. Brazil nuts: Serving size, 7 nuts; Calories, 186
– Supplies our bodies with all the selenium it needs.
– Highest amount of magnesium per serving of all the nuts
– Natural laxative and antacid
6. Peanuts: Serving size, 28 peanuts; Calories, 191
– Highest amount of folate
– Keep blood sugar levels stable
7. Soy nuts (not technically nuts): Serving size, 1/4 cup; Calories, 126
– 11 grams of protein per serving
– High amounts of vitamin K
8. Pine nuts: Serving size, 157 nuts; Calories, 160
– 2.5 milligrams of manganese (one-third of Americans do not meet their daily manganese requirements)
9. Macadamia nuts: Serving size, 11 nuts; Calories, 203
– Palmitoleic acid (omega-7 monounsaturated fatty acid)
– 100 percent of your daily thiamin needs.
10. Almonds: Serving size, 11 nuts; Calories, 203
– Have the most protein of any nut
– They also have the most calcium of any nut
– Vitamin E
11. Pecans: Serving Size: 10 nuts; Calories, 196
– Significantly lower cholesterol
– Over twenty essential vitamins and minerals
†Results may vary. Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your doctor. Torahis4Today does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Torahis4Today are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Torahis4Today does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Torahis4Today are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician. This Web site contains links to Web sites operated by other parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We are not responsible for the content or products of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Torahis4Today does not adopt any medical claims which may have been made in 3rd party references. Where Torahis4Today has control over the posting or other communications of such claims to the public, Torahis4Today will make its best effort to remove such claims.